2 Mart 2008 Pazar

The Zip




- Bu kucuk hikayeleri İngilizce yazmistim cunku yazdigim yerde paylastigim insanlar Turkce bilmiyordu ve bu hikayeleri okumak istiyorlardi, ozellikle bir İngiliz filozof... -

I was in a small shop, unbranded shop selling stuff. Clothes.

There was this middle-aged lady in front of me. Older than middle-aged. She was, I think, more than 50. It is becoming more and more difficult to guess people's ages.

She was looking at dresses. I was looking at dresses. The assistant showed her one. She liked it. She liked it very much. Then she realized the zip at the back. 'I live alone' I heard her say, 'I have noone to zip it for me'. I dropped all the dresses, looked at her face. She gave the dress back.

I live alone. I have noone to zip it for me.

This is the most sentimental, most dramatic, most crushingly poetic expression I have heard recently.

Hiç yorum yok: